Communications & Outreach Internship
Yayasan Masyarakat dan Perikanan Indonesia (MDPI) supports the development of fishing communities through programs that support environmental and economic improvements as well as social stability. Headquartered in Denpasar, Bali, our mission is to empower fishing communities to achieve sustainability by supporting community organization and harnessing market forces. MDPI strives to be among the best implementers and innovators of field-based programs supporting the long-term livelihood of fishing communities through sustainable fisheries management. With implementation across Indonesia, our work focuses on small-scale artisanal fisheries in Eastern Indonesia across the six provinces of Maluku, North Maluku, East Nusa Tenggara, West Nusa Tenggara, South Sulawesi, and North Sulawesi. Over the last seven years, MDPI has grown, both in size and scope of work, and is currently working towards better and more effective implementation of our communication and outreach strategies.
Intern will support the implementation of MDPI communications strategy and guidelines, and promote activities carried out by the organization. Intern will work directly with the Communications Officer and may be required to collaborate with other MDPI staff in developing various visual communication material, including multimedia production, content writing and interactive social media management.
Intern will report directly to the Communications Officer and assist in carrying out various communications responsibilities, including:
- Managing and developing content for MDPI social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) to increase engagement
- Producing materials and media kit such as banners, brochures, infographics, etc. relating to program and organization needs
- Compiling updates and relevant information from MDPI team
- Drafting articles and/or blog posts as part of MDPI regular updates
- Maintaining MDPI documentation management system
- Relevant degree/qualifications or currently enrolled in final semester related to communications, digital media or graphic design
- Based in Bali during internship period
- Good written and verbal communication in Bahasa Indonesia with strong editing skills. Fluency in English highly desirable as our content is bilingual
- Proficiency in multimedia design, with strong conceptualization and copywriting skills; showcase portfolio encouraged
- Strong command of the Adobe suite, specifically Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign. Knowledge of Audio/Visual (AV) production is a plus
- Social Media enthusiast with experience in interactive content
- Team player with good management skills, eye for detail, ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Other desirable, but not fully required, knowledge or experience: writing/journalism, campaign development, social marketing, sustainability
Duration of the internship is for a minimum of 3 months, with possibility of extension if schedule permits. MDPI working hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, with adjustments due to local COVID-19 precautions; Intern may be required to work remotely from home some days and participate in virtual meetings. Application deadline: February 19, 2021.
Send complete application to MDPI HR via email: email@example.com with subject: Application: Communications & Outreach Internship