Position : Programmer
Location : Denpasar, Bali – Indonesia
Employment : Contract Fixed Term Hired
Report to : Supply Chain Manager
Masayarakat dan Perikanan Indonesia (MDPI) Foundation supports the development of the fishing communities and supply chains of these fisheries through programs that support economic improvements and social stability for the people. These activities are conducted within the supply chain of varied seafood products by supporting industry to support sustainability fisheries from social aspects and or other market- driven demands.
MDPI need an IT Programmer to support our system development, specifically related to, but not limited to, the development and stakeholder use of the I-Fish database system to work towards the improvement of sustainability within Indonesian Fisheries. The primary responsibility for the Programmer is to maintain and develop the I-Fish database system. The Programmer will contribute to the many MDPI projects by providing technical and data assistance related to I-Fish and others and will also interact with government level officials and stakeholders to support I-Fish understanding and institutionalization within Indonesia.
- I-Fish database maintenance and development: regularly review the I-Fish database to ensure data quality and ease of use. Updates to the system will be implemented as required by the programmer and by request from other departments.
- I-Fish connection with external systems: to facilitate data sharing and MDPI project implementation, I-Fish needs to be connected to external systems, such as, but not limited to, ThisFish, ScanThis and the Dock app. The programmer will work in collaboration with project partners to develop the required API between I-Fish and the project system
- Support Supply Chain programs: the Supply Chain department requires information from I-Fish to verify and communicate the traceability of fish products and works with various partners to implement technology solutions for this purpose in Indonesia. The programmer will support the Supply Chains efforts in developing, installing and implementing traceability technology solutions that require contributions from I-Fish data
- VIC system: MDPI is currently developing a Vessel Identifier Code system for vessels in MDPI sampling sites. The programmer will support the development and explanation of the VIC purpose and functioning within MDPI and to partners
- Data reporting: Stakeholder data reports and an interactive data analysis section are being developed for the I-Fish system. The programmer will support this endeavor, making suggestions for improvements, contributing to the data analysis and work to explain the system with stakeholders
- Support the conceptualization and subsequent development of new projects for MDPI, related to IT, Database development, App development etc. Contribute to MDPI strategy planning as required, made additions to proposals for funding as required
Qualifications and R equirements:
- Bachelor degree in Computer and Informatics or related field
- Experience working with Linux Centos operating system
- Familiarity working Android Studio for app development
- Experience with PostgreSQL databases or other similar open source database systems
- Experience with RStudio, LaTeX and ArcGIS desirable
- Experience with API system integration (integration software with devices, creating QR label, etc.)
- Good analytical thinking and problems solving
- Having experience in communication and presentation skills
- Considerate of sensitive data
- Able to work collaboratively with teams and independently
- Time management skills on projects
- Ability to stay positive, supportive, and open to new ideas or approaches solutions to solving problems
- Able to work with minimum supervision, and work with multiple diversity working environment with multi stake holder
- Willing to frequently travel to implementing areas in Indonesia and/or abroad and willing to work overtime when needed.
- Good command of the English and Bahasa
MDPI is committed to implementing free discrimination recruitment from the elements of SARA (Tribe, Religion, Race and Intergroup), supporting gender equality, anti-trafficking in persons and rejecting all forms of drug use and trafficking.
Send complete application to MDPI HR via email: email@example.com with subject: Application: Programmer, Bali, Indonesia