Junior Software Developer
JOB FUNCTION: The Junior Software Developer will work with the Software Developer to develop, expand and improve MDPI’s technology system for traceability. The main system is the TraceTales processor-based digital tally system. The Junior Software Developer will assist the Software Developer in solving issues and customising the system for further expansion.
The Junior Software Developer (JSD) will be responsible to the Software Developer and will work on a variety of tasks related to developing system for traceability and data collection. The main focus of the JSD will be on TraceTales development, trouble shooting and refinement but the JSD is expected to contribute and support the implementation of MDPI’s other technology systems as appropriate and required. These include a supplier application (Trafiz), a port sampling application (I-Fish app) as well as basic vessel tracking and e-monitoring systems. The position will involve travel to the field (remote fishing villages across eastern Indonesia) as well as interaction with a variety of stakeholders, predominantly fishing industry.
- Assist and report to senior software developer for system/software development
- Work collaboratively with software developer team
- Develop software and testing software for free of bugs (make sure software/system runs well).
- Support remote area users including installation, user training, fixing bugs and resolving problems, system troubleshooting
- Maintain well-documentation of software including user guide, system design, etc.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Computer and Informatics or related field
- A minimum experience of 1 -2 years of .Net application (Visual C#) software development, Java language
- Having good analytical thinking and problems solving
- Having knowledge about programming language structure, knowledge about object oriented programming
- Strong knowledge of database management system (entity relationships), MySQL, PostgreSQL, and strong understanding about SQL database language
- Having knowledge about system API (integration software with devices, creating QR label, etc.)
- Having experience about data synchronization to cloud server from local server.
- Having knowledge about GitHub and versioning control system is a plus.
- Having experience to setup computer network (LAN) and network configuration and devices knowledge.
- Having experience to troubleshooting hardware, computer network and server.
- Having experience in system deployment including installation, user training, fixing bugs and system troubleshooting
- Having experience in communication and presentation skills.
- Having knowledge about Supply Chain process and system traceability.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver able to come up with creative solutions to diverse problems
- Able to work collaboratively with teams and independently
- Time management skills on projects
- Ability to stay positive, supportive, and open to new ideas or approaches solutions to solving problems
- Good command of the English language
- Considerate of sensitive data
Please send application to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Junior Software Developer.
MDPI is an equal opportunity employer, promote anti-discrimination and reject narcotics use and human trafficking.