Fair Trade Program Manager
|Position : Fair Trade Program Manager
Location : Denpasar, Bali – Indonesia
Employment : Contract Fixed Term Hired
Report to : Program Director
Masayarakat dan Perikanan Indonesia (MDPI) Foundation support the development of the fishing communities and supply chains of these fisheries through programs that support economic improvements and social stability for the people. These activities are conducted within the supply chain of varied seafood products by supporting industry to support sustainability fisheries from social aspects and or other market- driven demands.
MDPI is implementing Fair Trade (FT) Certification for local fishermen with the support from Fair Trade USA (FT USA). Fair trade is an alternative approach to conventional trade and is based on a partnership between producers and consumers. Fair trade offers producers a better deal and improved terms of trade. This allows them the opportunity to improve their lives and plan for their future. Fair trade offers consumers a powerful way to reduce poverty through their every day shopping.
The Fair Trade Manager is responsible for ensuring that the various FT projects implemented by MDPI are structured well, are developing according to planned milestones, are achieving aspired objectives and are creating the type of improvements within the community as the standard and the program aims for. The manager should collaborate well with industry partners, with the assessment certification bodies and with the standard holder (FT USA) to ensure that the various projects are in line with the views and requirments of each of these parties.
Job Function: To manage the FT program. The FT manager is repsonsible for ensiring that current projects progress, that new projects are developed and that cooridnation between various project partners is maintained. The role of the manager is to ensure that the project structure is stable, that implementation of the project is well coordinated and that a high level of project acheivement is attained.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uunderstand FT and its importance for the development of small scale fishery communities focusing on social and environmental improvement and understand the fish market and the supply chains involved in this industry
- Manage, lead and support end to end project cycle (innitiate, planning, excecution, and closure) liaise with internal team and partners (buyer, processors, suppliers, FT USA) to ensuring the FT implementation Program is well structured
- Identify budget needs of the projects and to develop proposals funding
- Work with coordination level to identify training needs of staff and project fishermen, develop training programs for staff and project fishermen to meet needs of organization and the standard being implemented, develop evaluation systems which allow for improvement of training and documenting and disseminate key lessons and strategies to appropriate stakeholders
- Ensure cost-effective and efficient use of resources.
- To submit regular reporting to relevant program stakeholders
- Implement monitoring and evaluation system and ensure it matches the needs of the program and program partners
- Partake in socialization of the program when communicating to potentially interested parties at conferences, meetings, field visits.
- Build and maintain relationships with cross level partners or parties whom participating within the FT program.
- Represent MDPI to internal and external stakeholders within target areas, bringing the correct messages about Organization’s stance, causes, and work.
- Develop systems for community level analysis and planning, and integrate these into project designs and annual plans for FT, develop annual operating plan and budget for overall Project and individual projects.
- Provide recommendation to revise plans in response to reflection and learning from the community, field team, and support team
- Provide support to the organization and the program staff in understanding the issues related to program implementation
- Minimum bachelor degree in Management, Business or Economic
- Expericance in Program management minimum 2 years
- Provide financial and narrative reports based on donor reporting schedules
- Excellent command of English both spoken and written
- Good sufficient computer skill, i.e. MS Office q
- Able to cope working in a fast pace organization
- Able to work with minimum supervision, and work with multiple diversity working environment with multi stake holder
- Willing to frequently travel to implementing areas in Indonesia and/or abroad and willing to work overtime when needed.
- Willing to travel overseas and or Indonesian remote area if needed
MDPI is committed to implementing free discrimination recruitment from the elements of SARA (Tribe, Religion, Race and Intergroup), supporting gender equality, anti-trafficking in persons and rejecting all forms of drug use and trafficking.
Send complete application to MDPI HR via email: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Application: FT Program Manager, Bali, Indonesia