Position : Communication Officer
Location : Denpasar, Bali – Indonesia
Employment : Contract (Fixed Term Hired)
Report to : Operations Director
Masyarakat dan Perikanan Indonesia (MDPI) Foundation supports the development of the fishing communities and supply chains of these fisheries through programs that support economic improvements and social stability for the people. These activities are conducted within the supply chain of varied seafood products by supporting industry to support sustainability fisheries from social aspects and or other market- driven demands.
We are looking for Communication Officer to support and maintain MDPI’s internal and external communication with MDPI beneficiaries, implement MDPI communications strategy and keep records of project documentations.
The primary responsibility for the Communication Officer is to support the management implementing MDPI’s communication policy, strategy and guidelines, and promote the activities implemented by the organization. The Communications Officer will collaborate with all MDPI staffs to produce various information materials, such as videos, web articles, photos and interactive social media.
The importance of a given responsibility may alter throughout time as the programs of MDPI develop, change and grow and the employee is expected to adapt and contribute to the emerging projects of MDPI.
- Implementing MDPI 5-year strategy MDPI communication strategy; design and develop action plans and work plan suitable to MDPI needs, and suitable communication material for each target audience.
- Ensure compliance of project communication strategy following MDPI and donors’ guidelines.
- With Outreach and Communication team contributes to various projects report to donor (in English, support translation into Bahasa Indonesia and vice versa).
- Responsible for MDPI communication outlets such as website, newsletter, social media, etc.
- To develop and deliver all public relations and communication materials, ensuring quality of content, production and delivery, including preparing and supervising the production of publicity brochures, handouts, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programs as well as social media.
- Actively interview and writing articles; closely coordinate with program team and identify interesting topic worth to share in MDPI communication outlets.
- To lead in documenting and publishing MDPI works; highlighting success stories, good practices and lessons learned in a creative way through national / provincial major media outlets; MDPI website and social media.
- Assist and coordinate with program team in developing and evaluating the quality of IEC materials; communication activities and MDPI events.
- To lead in thematic content awareness raising relevant to international or national days related to MDPI works; start with preparing agenda of events and work plan.
- Work closely with Training and Awareness department in preparing work plan and schedule, creating an awareness raising campaign and disseminating content materials to relevant stakeholders, and MDPI media outlets;
- To manage good relationship with the media for story coverage (print, radio, TV), writing press releases and news updates for the media, pitch for media partners in programs, develop media report on PR/media value on program as part of donor report and mobilization of journalists for site visit.
- Keep record of MDPI documentation management system.
- Other assignments requested by Operations Directors for MDPI needs.
This position is responsible for ensuring the efficiency and accuracy of the works and particular task assigned to, and ensure that MDPI’s interest should be the utmost priority. The incumbent may also be required to perform duties that are beyond the scope of the job description in mutual discussion and agreement with the line manager.
- Bachelor degree in Communication with interest in fisheries and environmental issues is preferred
- Minimum 2-year of professional work experience in the similar position
- Experience with report writing, social media marketing, communication campaign, journalism, Public Relations, or a related field
- Intermediate level in multimedia applications e.g. Corel, Photoshop, Illustrator, photography, videography, editing raw media material
- Excellent presentation skills and strong computer literacy
- Experience of working in fisheries NGOs or government bodies would be an advantage
- Social Media enthusiast with good knowledge of social media marketing and communication campaign; familiarity with social media and web content g. Twitter, Facebook Page, LinkedIn, Youtube, Instagram.
- Experience with media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods to printings and visual media and liaise regularly with various media
- Ability to create new ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including creative contributions
- Excellent team player and communicator both internally and externally
- Ability to work under tight time pressures and produce quality content
- Indonesian nationals and preferably domicile in Bali
- Mastering verbal and written English
- Willing to frequently travel to implementing areas in Indonesia with basic living condition or abroad and willing to work overtime when needed.
MDPI is committed to implementing free discrimination recruitment from the elements of SARA (Tribe, Religion, Race and Intergroup), supporting gender equality, anti-trafficking in persons and rejecting all forms of drug use and trafficking.
Send complete application to MDPI HR via email: email@example.com with subject: Application: Communication Officer, Bali, Indonesia