Communication Officer (Bali)
Yayasan MDPI – www.mdpi.or.id is seeking a full time employee as Communication Officer based in Denpasar, Bali.
JOB FUNCTION: To support and maintain MDPI’s internal and external communication with MDPI beneficiaries, implement MDPI communications strategy and keep records of project documentations.
The primary responsibility for the Communication officer is to support the management implementing MDPI’s communication policy, strategy and guidelines, and promote the activities implemented by the organization. The Communications Officer will collaborate with all MDPI staffs to produce various information materials, such as videos, web articles, photos and interactive social media.
Theimportance of a given responsibility may alter throughout time as the programs of MDPI develop, change and grow and the employee is expected to adapt and contribute to the emerging projects of MDPI.
- Assist in developing and implementing a communication strategy document
- Ensure compliance of project communication strategy following MDPI and donors’ guidelines.
Maintain MDPI’s social media and increase engagement including updating MDPI website.
- Develop key promotional messages in consultation with the program team
- Assist in developing and evaluating the quality of EIC materials
Coordinating communication activities and events of MDPI’s program
- Take lead or assist in creating an awareness raising campaign and disseminating organization’s information and communication materials to relevant stakeholders
- Draft articles for MDPI communication activities.
- Keep record of MDPI documentation management system
- The officer should report directly to the Operations Director and to relevant staffs necessary for particular task.
The officer is responsible for ensuring the efficiency and accuracy of the works and particular task assigned to, and ensure that MDPI’s interest should be the utmost priority. He/she may also be required to perform duties that are beyond the scope of the job description in mutual discussion and agreement with the line manager.
- Internally with all MDPI personnel
- External Stakeholders: Government (national, provincial and district), academia, project partners, private sectors (processor, suppliers, distributors), fisher community, fisherman, other NGOs, influencer/endorser, etc
- Media (social and conventional media) or other similar.
- Bachelor degree in Communication with interest in fisheries and environmental issues is preferred
- Minimum 2-year of professional work experience in the similar position
- Experienced in journalism, Public Relation, marketing or a related field
- Intermediate level in multimediaa pplications e.g. Corel, Photoshop, Illustrator, photography, videography, editing raw media material
- Excellent presentation skills and strong computer literacy
- Experience of working in fisheries NGOs or government bodies would be an advantage
- Social Media enthusiast with good knowledge of social media marketing and communication campaign; familiarity with social media and web content e.g. Twitter, Facebook Page, LinkedIn, Youtube, Instagram.
- Experience with media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods to printings and visual media and liaise regularly with various media
- Ability to create new ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including creative contributions
- Excellent team player and communicator both internally and externally
- Ability to work under tight time pressures and produce quality content
Indonesian nationals and preferably domicile in Bali
- Mastering verbal and written English
- Willing to frequently travel to implementing areas in Indonesia with basic living condition or abroad and willing to work overtime when needed.
Please send application to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Communication Officer at the latest Friday, 10 August 2018.
MDPI is an equal opportunity employer, promote anti-discrimination and reject narcotics use and human trafficking.