An Education about Road Safety and Sustainability Awareness in School
Anova Food, LLC’s Fishing and Living supported by Yayasan Masyarakat dan Perikanan Indonesia (MDPI) and Kepolisian Daerah (Polda) Bali conducted an activity in an Elementary School SDN 2 Lebih, Gianyar, Bali on April 30, 2015. The activity was called ‘Road Safety and Sustainability Awareness’. The purpose of the activity is to educate students about the importance of road safety and environmental sustainability.
The activity was attended by 59 students of 5thand 6th grade, accompanied by their teachers and headmaster. They were very enthusiastic to learn about Road Safety presented by Polda Bali as well as about Sustainability presented by MDPI.
Polda Bali teams’ presentation about Road Safety Awareness included the following topics:
– Introduction traffic signs and safe driving
– The importance of putting security on the road and always remembering parent’s advice to be careful at the road.
– Drugs and their bad effect on health and life in general.
The event continued with a presentation about Sustainability from MDPI that covered the following topics:
– Introduction to the importance of protecting the environment with the theme of “Waste and Its Effect on the Environment and Human.”
– Introduction to the Endangered, Threatened, or Protected (ETP) species, their importance in the ecosystem and food chain.
– The introduction of environmentally-friendly ways of fishing and promoting sustainability by not using bombs, cyanide or other destructive methods.
To close the event, Anova Food, LLC’s Fishing and Living distributed safety helmets for all of the students and encourage them to always wear it when on a ride. All of the students were very happy to receive the safety helmet and tried to wear it directly.
Writer: Indah Rufiati